Executive Director, The Bloom Project
Position Title: Executive Director
Compensation: $65,000-68,000 (plus benefits)
Status: Full-time (FLSA Status: Exempt)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Mission: To provide bouquets of fresh donated flowers to hospice and palliative care patients, demonstrating beauty, joy and giving during end-of-life care.
History: Founded in 2007, the organization has provided over 215,000 bouquets to people in hospice or end-of-life care, through the donation of thousands of flowers and more than 102,000 volunteer hours. The Bloom Project is headquartered in Portland, OR and delivers bouquets statewide. To find out more, please visit our website at: www.thebloomproject.org.
Profile: The Bloom Project is searching for an enthusiastic, motivated professional to join us during an exciting time of growth. The Executive Director will be primarily responsible for fundraising and strategic direction on behalf of The Bloom Project. And, in addition, the Executive Director will oversee program operations, strategic planning, external and internal communications.
Supported by IT, PR and Grant Contractors as well as dedicated administrative and event volunteers and a professional Project Manager, the Executive Director will have a team of professionals participating in the growth and development of the organization. The Executive Director will report to and interface with the Founder and the Board of Directors and represent our mission to all partners, donors, volunteers and the community at large.
The Executive Director will embrace the mission and vision of The Bloom Project – to provide the gift of fresh flowers to those in end-of-life care (hospice and palliative care).
The qualified candidate will have at least five years of experience in nonprofit management including leading and directing fundraising activities. Applicants are encouraged to describe pertinent personal and professional experience. TBP is seeking a candidate with passion for its mission.
TBP places a high value on collaboration, integrity and respect for others; and expect the staff and volunteers to be inclusive and positive in their approach. Demonstrated experience in non-profit fundraising and management is a requirement. Experience within hospice and palliative care is a plus.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a healthy, thriving non-profit organization and help it grow within the Portland area and beyond!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop fundraising strategy including expanding revenue that is generated from fundraising activities to support the existing program and future expansion,
- Increase individual donations and corporate support.
- Identify new funding sources to garner and nurture long-term relationships and pledges.
- Work with contract grant writers to build foundation support through grant submissions throughout the year.
- Oversee volunteer execution of the annual fundraising luncheon and other key events
Leadership and Management
- Observe and collaborate with staff and Founder to identify efficiencies and new opportunities for the program.
- Support, maintain and improve programmatic excellence and the quality standards created for the project.
- Create timelines and strategies for each of the following: fundraising; financial oversight; communications, systems and administration of the program and staff.
- Lead and coach staff members to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Present key measures of success to the board, funders and other key supporters.
- Protect, maintain and expand upon the reputation and brand of TBP in the area, region and within the nonprofit community.
- Seek out and take initiative to collaborate with key partner administrators (floral and hospice), funders, board of directors, volunteers and event committees.
- Serve as a member of each board committee. Seek and build board involvement and direction for ongoing operations as well as collaborate on future strategic growth and development.
- Oversee and provide direction for all aspects of communication in partnership with our PR team and staff responsible for social media and web presence.
- Grow and strengthen the brand of TBP.
- As needed, act as public face of TBP conducting interviews, public media appearances, etc.
- Provide support and accountability for Board members and staff to accomplish action items as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Build new partnerships that support the mission and growth of TBP.
- Nurture relationships with current and past funders as well as community leaders; establish relationships with new funders.
Strategic Planning and Goals Setting
- Support Board and staff implementation of current strategic plan and look forward with the board to develop and build future strategic plans. Contribute to periodic strategic plan revisions.
- Five years of non-profit fundraising and management experience.
- Passion for the mission of the TBP.
- High value placed on integrity and respect for others; inclusive and positive in approach.
- Must be able to interpret and manage a budget as well as financial reporting requirements.
- Identify as: self-starter, disciplined, action-oriented, adaptable and innovative.
- Highly effective in collaborating with a diverse group of individuals.
- Experience with volunteer interface, management and engagement
- Success in working with a board of directors and cultivating board member relationships is required
- Demonstrated track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff,
- Excellence in written and verbal communications; exhibiting passion and persuasion for the mission and vision of organization.
- Excellent organizational management; ability to effectively coach staff, manage volunteers and board members as well as achieve strategic objectives.
Nonprofit Professionals Now is proud to be working with the Bloom Project on this key position. Please complete the application questions and attach a resume/cover sheet for full consideration for this exciting position!
Compensation & Benefits: TBP offers a flexible working environment including virtual office/work from home. Benefits for this position include: medical insurance (75% employer contribution following 30 days of full-time work), computer, cell phone stipend ($30/month), twelve (12) days of paid time off annually for vacation, sick and personal days as well as six (6) annual holidays.
Deadline for application: August 13, 2018 5:00 pm.