NPN Temporary Staff Application Information
NPN hires individuals as "temporary employees" to support the fundraising and office tasks for local nonprofits. These positions are often listed as: Development Coordinator, Development Associate, Event Coordinator, Office/Administrative Support, etc.
If you are interested in applying to participate in the NPN pool of temporary staff, please submit a resume, cover letter and indicate the type of work you'd be interested in.
Work is generally 5-30 hours per week with a rate of $15-$20/hour. NPN is the employer and at this time, no additional benefits are available to temporary employees.
Skills within these positions include:
- Overseeing gift processing, data entry, reporting and optimizing usage of the development database system.
- Support staff on annual campaign, volunteer oversight, donor thank you's and basic stewardship activities.
- Work on the front-line at events including check-in, check-out, set-up and clean-up activities.
- Support event registration tracking, auction item tracking, name tags, etc.
- Update press releases, social media and other communication content as directed.
- Support staff with materials/information for donor meetings, committee meetings and volunteer engagement.
- Oversee volunteers including sign-ups, job descriptions for tasks/events, tour schedules, etc.
Additional skills in development, office management and events welcome! These listed qualifications are minimums.
- 1-2 years of nonprofit experience. May include volunteer or work experience.
- Strong use of Microsoft Office systems
- Understanding of database functionality
- Flexibility in hours worked and transportation
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
To be considered for an interview applicants MUST:
1. Upload a cover letter
2. Upload a resume
3. Complete the additional questions
At Nonprofit Professionals Now (NPN), equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to achieving our dual mission—to help our clients make substantial, lasting performance improvements and to build an agency that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people.
NPN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.