Northwest Agricultural Business Center Project Manager
Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $70-$73,000 per year
Established in 2006, Northwest Agriculture Business Center (NABC) located in Mt. Vernon, Washington, provides northwest Washington farmers with the skills and resources necessary to provide their products efficiently and profitably to consumers, retailers, wholesalers, foodservice operators and food manufacturers. NABC provides their services to farm businesses located in an eleven-county service area in western Washington. NABC achieves its goals by assisting clients in the areas of:
- business development
- access to financing
- value-added product development
NABC is hiring a Project Manager for the Mt. Vernon office and region. This position will focus on increasing participation in USDA grant and loan programs and providing technical assistance to farmers in order to meet grant requirements. The Project Manager is a key link in moving projects from planning to funding and execution.
The Project Manager will prioritize:
- Regional market development and market access.
- Business plans, proforma financials, feasibility studies and other business planning documents.
- Grant writing and grant reporting including state, federal, and USDA grants.
- Co-Op organizing and management.
- Building business growth opportunities to agriculturally based businesses.
As a team-member, the Project Manager will work with other Project Managers in the region to develop large-scale funding opportunities, provide technical assistance, and guide business opportunities for local and regional farmers. As a team, the Project Managers are able to access opportunities and build capacity for larger investments.
Project Managers have a strong understanding of agri-business and co-ops, and how business planning and access to capital can produce business results for local farms. Project Managers work independently meeting deadlines, connecting with farmers and community supporters, determining best solutions, and thinking entrepreneurially about opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field including agri-business, horticulture, business management.
- 3+ years federal, state, foundation grant writing and reporting.
- 3+ years business planning, financial planning or other small business work.
- Ability to recruit and work with a diverse group of spirited stakeholders.
- Self-motivated individual that requires minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Knowledge of Northwest Washington farms and related businesses.
- Hands-on experience working with or within the food industry.
- Hands-on experience working with or within cooperatives.
- Experience working with diverse groups representing a variety of cultures and ethnicities.
Nonprofit Professionals Now is pleased to be working with NABC on this key position. Please attach and resume and cover letter highlighting your experience with agricultural development.
Application Deadline: June 28, 2021