Marketing & Outreach Manager
Marketing and Outreach Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $50,000-55,000/year plus benefits
Who we Are:
PBDG’s (Professional Business Development Group) primary purpose is to improve the business conditions in the construction industry by increasing Preparation, Competitiveness and Relationships. PBDG members are women and minority construction contractors and professional services firms in the construction industry that share PBDG’s goal. PBDG was organized by its members with the recognition that, despite years of efforts, DMWESB construction and professional services contractors in the construction industry remain greatly under-represented which negatively impacts the productivity, efficiency, and vitality of Portland Contractors and the construction industry as a whole.
As a 501c6 trade association for minority-owned, women-owned and certified firms in construction. PBDG operates a technical assistance program through its Foundation.
The PBDG Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that operates the Construction Business Training And Plan (TAP) Center. The Center provides wrap-around, construction specific, technical assistance services to meet participants where they are and build a long-term foundation for their business. They also work with other nonprofit organizations and business community partners to provide owners with access to valuable resources. The TAP Center is available to meet the needs of all COBID certified contractors and professional service firms (consulting, design, general services, architecture and engineering). Businesses do not have to be members of PBDG to utilize this resource.
To meet growing demand and to share our successes with the community, PBDG is searching for a Marketing and Outreach Manager. The Manager is the public face of PBDG including newsletters, social media, outreach events and fundraising events. The Marketing and Outreach Manager will work closely with the Grants Manager, Executive Director and Programs Team to understand and represent PBDG. They will own the marketing strategy, plan execution and participate in the success of our team and members.
All PBDG staff work as a team collaborating on the success of the organization. In addition, every staff member is an individual contributor that enables us to reach our goals. As an organization focused on minority-owned and women-owned and certified construction firms, cultural competence is key to your success. Bring your skills and your enthusiasm to PBDG!
This position owns the marketing and communication strategy and plan execution for PBDG. The Manager leads the PBDG presence and content creation on all online, written and verbal communication. From discussing brand mapping to scheduling social media posts and website updates, the Manager easily moves from details to strategy to move the organization forward.
- Update website including current events, stories, videos.
- Build and maintain social media communication on all mediums appropriate.
- Engage with office and programming staff to prepare content for website and social media usage focusing on class and event registration.
- Write and publish compelling content to promote PBDG work and partner engagement.
- Build a brand map and strategy to be used throughout the organization.
- Utilize scheduling tools and dashboards to share information with all staff and volunteers.
This position is the face of PBDG with sponsors, partners and community members. The Manager engages in event logistics, builds relationships with supporters and attendees and tells the PBDG story.
- Engage with and support partner engagement with training and member events.
- Share partner and community stories with the greater community.
- Build and maintain media relationships.
- Plan and execute regular member and community events.
- Use outreach to meet class and event enrollment quotas to meet contract requirements.
This position holds the annual fund and events portion of the annual fundraising plan. In conjunction with the Grants Manager and Executive Director, the Marketing and Outreach Manager will build revenue and investment in PBDG.
- Create and execute an annual fundraising appeal via social media and engagement.
- Manage the annual GiveGuide winter campaign.
- Oversee 3 annual fundraising events including logistics, sponsorships and attendance.
- Coordinate with the Office Manager and PBDG team in executing events and fundraising efforts.
- Minimum 3 years Marketing/Communication role for a non-profit or community-based organization.
- 2+ years experience with nonprofit outreach, fundraising, or other community engagement
Qualities of Success:
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage authentically and effectively with different audiences including community members, staff, board members, partners and funders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and switch priorities in a quick & calm manner.
- The ability to consistently produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Performance focused while appreciating team engagement.
- Possess multi-cultural intelligence, appreciation and respect for equity, diversity and inclusion and demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers and constituents.
Nonprofit Professionals Now is happy to be supporting PBDG in finding their newest team member. To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and a sample of your written work (brochure, website, annual fund, etc.).
All applications will be reviewed and considered.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed