Database Manager, Temporary/Part-time
Salary range DOE: $30 - $50 per hour dependent on experience and client project
Reports to: Account & Pro Team Manager
Hours: Dependent on scope of project, not to exceed 30 hours per week
****This role is for high-end users, NOT Developers*****
Who we are NPN is a full service employment agency and we understand the importance of nonprofits having talented and well trained employees for success! We have been providing search services and temporary placement services to local nonprofits since 2016. At Nonprofit Professionals Now, equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to achieving our dual mission—to help our clients make substantial, lasting performance improvements and to build an agency that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people.
NPN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.
Who you are You are a dependable, approachable, detail-oriented person who excels at project and calendar management and who works well both collaboratively and independently. You are likely seasoned in your career, with a strong interest in working alongside and providing support to a dynamic team. Good team player, and a shown ability to partner productively with a variety of staff, and/or community partners, including with people from different cultures and experiences.
Job Description The Data Manager is primarily responsible for providing long-range and short-term planning as well as having strong CRM database assessment skills, communication, and strategic leadership, for the areas of gift processing, database integrity, reporting, data analysis and system enhancements.
Having worked in a variety of databases and locations, you are ready for part-time, temporary roles where your expertise in assessment and action enable a nonprofit to improve their database programs, utilize strong data-hygiene tactics and thrive as an integral part of the fundraising department.
Primary Responsibilities The Database Administrator is responsible for providing strategic leadership and long-range and short-term planning for the areas of gift processing, database integrity, reporting, data analysis, and system enhancements. The Database Administrator develops and executes strategies for continuous quality improvement in services to and communications with departments and other client constituencies that utilize donor data.
The Database Administrator is responsible for assessing NPN client fundraising and constituent engagement goals, which may include: business requirements, documentation, business information, analysis, and fundraising systems support. S/he monitors the integrity of the information contained in the database and determines how to translate data into usable, actionable information for the formation and execution of fundraising strategies and measures of success.
The Database Administrator may advise and take part in the integrity of the CRM database and compliance with sound financial management and donor stewardship policies and practices.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database Administrator will advise on and possibly have oversight on:
· Running, maintaining, and the development of reports, and queries to monitor the integrity of the data stored in the database. Serve as the data and system custodian.
· Review existing queries, and develop a client query plan
· Identifies training needs, designs curriculum and executes a training program for users of the CRM database
· Develops and maintains a dynamic list of policies, procedures and regulations related to the use of the clients database systems.
· S/he provides strategic insight and cross-program analyses, and makes recommendations to optimize resources throughout the organization.
· Serve as a team leader for assigned projects and (may) coordinate the work of other NPN Pro Team members.
· Minimum five years’ experience with CRM database management. Knowledge of database structure and design, query, report writing in a nonprofit setting.
· Knowledge and experience in analyzing and reviewing computer system capabilities, current operational procedures, identifying problem areas, and optimizing formats for data inputs and summaries
· Excellent analytical skills as well as ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Excellent computer skills and ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software
· Accurate keyboarding skills
· Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking fast-paced environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects under strict time constraints and still exhibit flexibility
· Working knowledge of nonprofit fundraising processes
· Advanced skills in MS Office products
· Advanced understanding of office methods, procedures, practices, and bookkeeping or accounting knowledge
· At least two years of Project Management experience
· Knowledge in current trends in fundraising, database management, and gift processing and receipting
· Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty, students, alumni, volunteers and donors
We are passionate about developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed below, we urge you to apply. Transferable skills are any skills gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills in your cover letter and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
Instructions to Apply:
Please follow these directions closely: Attach a PDF of (1) a cover letter highlighting your nonprofit experience and (2) your resume. (3) Complete answers demonstrating your specific database management experience.
****This role is for high-end users, NOT Developers*****